The U.S. Green Building Council established the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System in 1999. The main goal of this project was to help professionals improve the quality of their buildings & their environmental impact.
LEED certification is a national movement in conjunction with the building industry that promotes buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work.
All of MatsETC.com floor mats are manufactured by members of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Benefits of Green Buildings:
- Improved public health.
- Environmental responsibility.
- Reduced operating costs.
- Enhanced building and organizational marketability.
- Potential increase in occupant productivity.
- Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances, and other incentives in hundreds of cities.
What role do entrance mats play in a Green Building?
Approved entrance mats are one of the items on the LEED check list; By reducing the amount of dirt that enters a building:
- The building's indoor air quality improves.
- Cleaning costs are reduced and chemical cleaner use is reduced.
- Conserve water and energy used in cleaning process.
- Reduce waste sent to landfills.
For more information on certifying your building through the LEED program visit:
The U.S. Green Building Council's website
To return to the mat page you were on, click the button below.